David Hockney Exhibition in Seoul Museum of Art (SEMA) : ~ Aug 4, 2109

David Hockney Exhibition in Seoul Museum of Art (SEMA) : ~ Aug 4, 2109



 

David Hockney Exhibition
(2019 in Seoul - Asia)

● Period
    22 Mar, 2019 - 4 Aug, 2019

● Venue / Location
서울시립미술관 SEMA (Seoul Museum of Arts)

61, Deoksugung-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul (Seosomun-dong)
     *Nearest Subway Station: City Hall Station on Line no. 2 and no.1



● Exhibition Opening Hours


[Weekdays(TUE-FRI)] 
10AM~8PM

[Saturday·Sunday·Public holidays]
10AM~7PM

[Museum Night]
7PM~10PM 
*Every Month Second and Last Wednesday(Culture Day)

[Closing Days]
Every Week MON, Regular closing day (01.01)


 Number of Artworks: 133


● Official Website




● Admission fee
    - Adult (age 19-64): KRW 15,000
    - Youth (age 13-18): KRW 13,000원

    - Child (age 7-12): KRW 10,000원


    ※ Infants up to 36 months of age are admitted free of charge.
    ※ 20% Discount with reservations for Kakaopay Users





    I've visited the SEMA (Seoul Museum of Arts) after work to attend the David Hockney Exhibition in Seoul. The artist is famous worldwide for his well-known artworks. Actually I did knot know who this artist is, but my brother, who majors in Arts introduced me this exhibition saying that the artist is so so so famous. 

   Well, I do not like the 'famous artists' usually, as I like some 'different styles'. However, the artworks of David Hockney made my mind tranquil but vivid. I really recommend this one for the people who comes to Seoul.






   It is not allowed to take a photo in the gallery, so I took some photos from the press. 

   As far as I know, David Hockney is famous for his most expensive work of art by a living artist ever sold at auction. Well, on that day, I felt that his continuous curiosity and ongoing endeavor made his position of modern art.  Throughout the paintings, I saw that his own style changed as time passes. 

   Later I found out that at the 1st week of the exhibition opening, there were so many people that the visitors should wait for hours. It shows the popularity of the artist, but squeezed by people, it is not really comfortable to look into the artworks. So, if you are thinking of visiting SeMA for David Hockney Exhibition, it would be much better to go on weekdays, not on weekends.



   When the gallery was closed, I walk around the Deoksoo Palace. The colors "splashed" from David Hockney's Seoul exhibition artworks were with me along the way home. The day was tough day at the office, but his arts made my minds heal. Highly recommended!


Comments